Thursday, January 24, 2013

Oh, snap! That's my jam!

I really want to try this recipe.  Over half the items can be found in my kitchen.  Including the crockpot.  Oh, the joys of having a well stocked pantry!!

OK, so I don't have pounds, and pounds of tomatoes stowed away, because that goes beyond being well stocked.  It would also make me weird.  Obsessively, stocking tomatoes...Anyhow. I got to try some tomato jam at Waffle & Wolf in Brooklyn.  Now, Waffle & Wolf is by no means a low calorie dining experience... You're eating waffle sandwiches, filled to the brim with some indulgent toppings and ingredients.  But, when you are eating well overall, indulgence has a place, too, in your diet.

Oh myyyyyyyyyyyy....


Sadly, I won't be able to eat there everyday.  It's not close to me, and again, it's more of an indulgence than a staple.  That's why I really want to make some tomato jam.  First, I like saying it... Tomato Jammmmmmmmm!  Also, it packs a lot of flavor, being both sweet and savory, so I could use it in multiple ways, and use on healthier eats....top off whole wheat breads, make mini waffle sandwiches at home, add bit of oil as and turn it into a salad dressing...

Oh man, I have to start stocking tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment