What is it? I've written 9 of these, and the last one is some horrible, unreadable enigma! Kidding. It's Nonfat Dry Milk.
Why I love it:
- Shelf-stable. Make as much as you need.
- Versatility. Same product is a glass of milk one second, a Splenda aid the next, and then a thickener the next minute.
- Low in calories.
- Cheaper than milk because it's dehydrated.
- Comes in a box, usually with cows on it. I like the idea of boxed milk, alright?
I use it for:
- food base: smoothies, puddings, lattes
- coffee creamer
- soup thickener
- ***Fat free whipped cream***
- milk, duh
- in recipes
NDF, my favorite 3-letter abbreviation right after NPH. Y'know, Neil Patrick Harris...ubiquitious and a must have in his own right, I guess.